To my fellow marketing and PR humans, this is an exciting time for both of us! Not only do I have the unique opportunity to share my experience with your product(s) or service(s) with your target demographic, but you get to sit back, relax, and reap the benefits! A win-win, for sure.
The best results are derived from the right opportunities. The following pitch policy will determine if you are the perfect fit:
I do not expect you to act as if you’ve been a consistent reader from day one, however I do expect you to read (at least) a handful of my blog posts and my biography in order to decide if your product is aligned with my vision.
Here is what is likely to draw my attention:
- Submitting a pitch online with a brief, to-the-point message.
- Press releases with a link to what you are promoting and some additional information about it. Give me something to work with!
- Packages in the mail with samples of your product. You’ll need to email me for my address and provide me the details of what you’re sending before I willy-nilly provide my address. I care for the environment, so please minimize the amount of boxes and packaging material.
Things I will likely write about (based on pitch emails to which I’ve responded) include:
- Ethically sourced, organic, all-natural or otherwise earth-friendly products
- Dairy alternatives and foods free of Gluten, Preservatives, Artificial flavors or colors or the like
- Cycling accessories or actual bikes. (I will need to test-ride the bike.)
- Environmentally friendly vehicles
- Photography and video gear
- Organically sourced, heirloom or otherwise rare seeds
- Dog-friendly hotels or vacation packages
- Products relating to dogs in the shape of food, treats, toys & supplies
- Items made exclusively in the United States of America
- Events in the Tri-State area
- Anything relating to Apple products, including (but not limited to) apps, iPhone accessories and mac software
- Horse-related activities, supplies, treats & toys (specifically Breyer horses)
No Response To Your Pitch
If Your Pitch Is Turned Down
If I deem that your product or service is not a good fit, you are more than welcome to suggest another product or service of yours while you have my attention. It is important to realize that if I turn down your pitch, it’s for the best for both parties. This will likely happen if what you are offering is not in alignment with the vision of my blog or if I am unable to test your product first-hand.
Negative Experience With Your Product Or Service
If I have a subpar experience with your product or service, you will be contacted and have the option of the post going live as scheduled, or to cancel the post. I will only return the product if you cover the postage fees, or if we otherwise agreed (in writing) to a pre-determined amount of time.
Negative Commentary By The Public
BeansMakesMeFart.com will not be held liable if users post negative comments on my review of your product or service. I will try to diffuse the situation by providing a helpful response to the comment, or the comment(s) may be deleted entirely.
General Pitch Policy:
In short, I RARELY provide a bad review, and even in the bad reviews, I always find the positives in the product or service and list those as well. Submit your pitch if you are confident that your product or service would do well on BeansMakeMeFart.com, and there’s a 99.6% chance you’ll pitch me another wonderful product in the future for more great advertisement.